Long time no see :)

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Shrimp&Snails
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Long time no see :)

Post by Shrimp&Snails »

Just thought I would pop back, have a snoop and say hello to you all.

My tiger shrimp are still going strong and have been inbreeding since April 2006. :lol: I couldn't even guess at how many generations there are now.

Sadly my rcs female population died out over time and due to problems obtaining a male shrimp they never reproduced.

My three original amanos (including the one eyed shrimp, Columbo) are still going strong (God knows how old they are now) and I bought four more for my main tank, three females and one male.....the male always seems to have a dirty grin on his face, I couldn't imagine why. :wink: :lol:

I hope your inverts are all doing fine.

Happy shrimping. :D
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Hi Shrimp&Snails,

It's good to hear from you again. Happy T-day to you and everyone else :D !

Thanks for the update. It's hard to believe that a rcs population could die out, but if there are no males I guess there are not babies :?

So are you back for a while?
Shrimp&Snails
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Shrimp&Snails »

Pmed you. :D
francis
Larva
Larva

Post by francis »

[quote="Neonshrimp"]Hi Shrimp&Snails,

Thanks for the update. It's hard to believe that a rcs population could die out, but if there are no males I guess there are not babies :?

Hi! Wondering how often RCS breed? Heard from members that it's difficult controlling the population. However, I've maintained good water parameters and ensuring enough food (with calcium supplements) but still don't see any berries! :( It's been almost 1.5 months now! Should I introduce some new kinky RCS into my tank?
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Hi francis,

As we were informed/reminded (Goats/Island/Piled up waste) about the need for a mature tank to get shrimp to breed, I would wait until the tank is mature. The other thing is to make sure you have both male and female in the tank. The second point is sometimes hard to do if you are judging the shrimp by color or if the shrimp are still young. Hope this helps.
francis
Larva
Larva

Post by francis »

[quote="Neonshrimp"]Hi francis,

Thanks. Yes, I have both males and females in my tank. Some are matured females. Guess will need to have some more patience and keep envying all the other members! :wink:
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

dont be sad.
at home i have 4 tank full of cherry, when i say full , it is to not use anything else :))

i have a take about 3 years old at work and believe it or not i cannot make my cheery breed in this tank :)
they are really well, about 1years old now , and no berried female :)
YES i have male and female
it is not my first shrimp :)
the tank beside this one ( 4 month old or 6 cant remember) have some cherry in it since 2 month from home and i have baby everywhere :)

i stop try understand :) :)
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

i stop try understand :) :)
I know what you mean, they are so unpredictable!