Hi Im new to shrimp, I had some Q's.

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

thief
Larva
Larva

Hi Im new to shrimp, I had some Q's.

Post by thief »

Hi all,

I am very new to shrimp and had I Question if you can keep certain crayfish with certain shrimp?

Also can you keep certain kinds of shrimp with other shrimp? I wanted to mix maybe cherries and ghosts.

Right now I have 4 ghosts shrimp and they seem to love it so much.

I got them last friday and one has already molted. I guess that means they are comfortable. Right now I want to try and find some nice looking plants that they like to eat and have them more comfortable. I would love it if some of you showed me some plants and were to get them.

Thanks all I ope t enjoy it here. :-D
Suzie Q
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Suzie Q »

I have 6 sub-adult GS in with my cherries, but plan on removing them soon. I was told that GS eat the young shrimp (be it GS or RCS). I would not take any chances if you are planning on trying to breed RCS. If they are just Tank Mates, then there should be no problem...but like I said, mine are sub-adults.
TKD
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by TKD »

Please do a search... you will get "yelled at" if you don't

TKD
Shrimp&Snails
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Shrimp&Snails »

thief
Larva
Larva

Post by thief »

Sorry about that. I did do some searching but I have troubles. Is there anyway to search just titles. Instead of looking in all the forums. I did search this but I may of put it in the wrong wordings. :oops:

And Well I might breed RCS later on but I'm sticking to crayfish for now. I just want them as tank mates with them. :-D
mikedmatthews
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by mikedmatthews »

i don't think they will be tankmates so much as dietary suppliments.
thief
Larva
Larva

Post by thief »

Welp I hope the crayfish like them. But I think the shrimp will beable to outmovnover and crayfish. And also there will be plenty of hiding spot so it may just go good. :)
thief
Larva
Larva

Post by thief »

Also noone answered my my important Q. Can one species of shrimp get along with another? I wanted to mix cherry and ghosts if possible. If anyone knows please help. :)
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by pixl8r »

thief wrote:Also noone answered my my important Q. Can one species of shrimp get along with another? I wanted to mix cherry and ghosts if possible. If anyone knows please help. :)
I believe that you got an answer. That topic has been discussed in the forums, as well as somewhat on the http://www.petshrimp.com/shrimpspecies.html Shrimp Varieties link (look at how aggresive each species is).

Try searching words like 'tank mates' and the species of crayfish and shrimp that you want to put together.

FYI, I've kept many different species of shrimp with crayfish.
Good luck!
shrimper Bob
Larva
Larva

Post by shrimper Bob »

I have Cherries and Ghost together. The Cherries have been breeding like crazy, ghost too. Seems like more Cherries make it than Ghost though.
AnneRiceBowl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by AnneRiceBowl »

I also house dwarf crays with shrimp. I have Atyopsis moluccensis, snowballs, and Amanos in with my dwarf crays. The shrimp simply get out of the way of the crays during feeding time.
thief
Larva
Larva

Post by thief »

Ok thanks. Also I did go to that section before I guess I over looked the bottom of it. Thanks. Also I was thinking the same thing that the shrimp would simlpy get out of the way. :D
thief
Larva
Larva

Post by thief »

Also do any of you know what moss this rock has on it? I wanted to get some but don't know were?

http://www.petshrimp.com/cpg/displayima ... 0695&pos=0

I wanted to get these for the shrimp to have the as comfortible as possible. :D
mikedmatthews
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by mikedmatthews »

marimo balls

<<snip>>

you might also try ebay.
Last edited by mikedmatthews on Thu May 31, 2007 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
thief
Larva
Larva

Post by thief »

Opps sorry.